Symposium: Celebration of August Krogh's Nobel Prize
August Krogh Symposium
Celebration of August Krogh's Nobel Prize
August Krogh was one of the great and influential scientists within natural science. This two days symposium will celebrate the 100th anniversary of his Nobel Prize in Physiology and Medicine in 2020.
The organisers are preparing a program with presentations by lead senior experts within Physiology of the capillary network, Regulation of tissue perfusion, Exercise/work physiology, Regulation of metabolism, Insulin biology, Membrane transport/osmoregulation, Epithelia transport, Zoophysiology as well as within August Krogh in historic perspectives.
Welcome to this tribute to the scientist August Krogh!
Speakers and themes
Insulin in Translation
- Professor, Bart Roep, Diabetes & Metabolism Research Institute, City of Hope, California, US
- Professor Jens Juul Holst, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Professor C. Ronald Kahn, Harvard University, US
Exercise physiology and energy metabolism
- Professor Mark Hargreaves, University of Melbourne, AUS
Physiology of the capillary network
- Professor Christian Aalkjær, University of Copenhagen and Aarhus University, Denmark
- Professor Ylva Hellsten, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Professor Jørgen Wojtaszewski, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Professor Martin Grosell, University of Miami, US
- Professor Warren Burggren, University of North Texas, US
Adaptation to extreme environments
- Professor Kenneth B. Storey, Carleton University, Canada
- Professor Christina Cheng, University of Illinois, US
- Associate professor Nadja Møbjerg, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Ventilation and respiration
- Professor Jerome Dempsey, University of Wisconsin, US
- Professor Bill Sheel, University of British Colombia, Canada
- Professor Darrell Neufer, East Carolina University, US
Historic perspective by a previous member of the Nobel Committee
- Professor Erling Norrby, the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, Stockholm, Sweden
- Professor Tobias Wang, Aarhus University, Denmark
21-22 April 2022.
Participation by invitation.
Novo Nordisk Foundation, Tuborg Havnevej 19, 2900 Hellerup, Denmark
- The August Krogh Club, University of Copenhagen
- Department of Nutrition, Exercise and Sports, University of Copenhagen
- Department of Biology, University of Copenhagen
Project coordinator Anne Lykke Poulsen, firstname.lastname@example.org