4 talented students gets Summer Schoolarships
The August Krogh Centre awards talented students with 2x 50.000 dkr (masters level students) and 2x 25.000 dkr (bachelor level students) in Summer Schoolarships.
The 2014 recipients are:
Jens Frey Halling
Graduate student, Dept. of Biology, Univ. of Copenhagen
Project title: "Role of PGC-1α in exercise training-induced regulation of mitochondrial structure and mitophagy"
Mads Bau Hansen
Graduate student, Dept. of Nutrition, Exercise and Sports, University of Copenhagen
Project title: "Changes in insulin sensitivity during glycogen super compensation in human skeletal muscle"
Thomas Lunde Hygum
Bachelor, Dept. of Biology, Univ. of Copenhagen
Project title: "Cryptobiosis and environmental stress tolerance in marine tardigrades"
Matilde Ea Madsen
Bachelor, Dept. of Nutrition, Exercise and Sports, Univ. of Copenhagen
Project title: "Role of glycogen for substrate utilization at rest"
Read more about the AKC summer scholarships
• The scholarship can only be awarded once to the same student.
• The Senior VIP is responsible for administration of the scholarship, and upon request should be able to document that the scholarship is appropriately used.
• The AKC Steering Committee is evaluating the application and decides who will be granted a summer scholarship.
• Students granted an AKC Summer Scholarship are announced on the AKC web, and contacted directly (including supervisor) within 4 weeks after the application deadline.
• The funding has to be used within 1 year of receiving the scholarship and it has to be used for the project specified in the application.
• The Summer Scholarships only support salary (either full or part time), and must cover experimental/laboratory work (no travel costs, no running cost, etc).